Parent Teacher Conferences
Benefits the Office, Staff & Parents
Set up conference parameters
- Set days & times & duration of the conferences.
- Set meeting locations.
- Provide parent signup instructions.
- Group families for staggered signups (optional)
Create your schedule
- Click to block unavailability.
- Monitor hovering the blocks to see
- Print each day's schedule
- Click your preferred slot
- 48 hour reminder email
Not another tool for your parents & staff to use to set up conferences, PTC is an app in the tool they're already using - Schoology.
Making your staff more efficient means you can deploy them to other projects.
- All setup parameters (dates, times, duration) need be defined once, alter next year if needed.
- Set each teacher's location. If no location defined, that means the teacher is excluded from conferences.
- Because Schoology already knows who each student's teachers are, no additional staff setup required.
- Schoology already knows who each student's parents are, and what their email address is.
- Can optionally create Schoology subgroups to support a staggered signup (e.g. parents with 3+ children sign up Monday & Tuesday, parents
with 2+ children sign up Wednesday & Thursday, all parents sign up Friday).
- Create additional SIS courses (e.g. Speech, Learning Resource teacher, etc.) and enroll students, so parents can also meet with that staff member. S
- Teachers click to block their time, and can continue blocking once signup starts.
- 24 hours before tomorrow’s conference day, PTC locks signups so the teacher can confidently print their schedule.
- PTC knows who their student’s teachers are from their Schoology enrollments so only those teachers’ sign up blocks are displayed.
- Click times that work with their schedule with error-checking if same time slot selected for another teacher.
- Each parent can build their own schedule independently of each other, if preferred.
If your preschool holds conferences at a different time than the rest of the school, the Preschool-PTC app is available.
All SchoolOfficeApps productivity tools provides admins an audit trail and user impersonation.